ART4US aims to the provision of mental health-informed and inclusive youth work practices with the interdisciplinary collaboration organizations and professionals and to promote mental health and inclusion of young people through the use of creative/artistic approaches.
ART4US objectives are to:
- foster the capacity building of youth workers through exchange of knowledge and development of innovative practice-based methodologies in order to promote positive mental health and inclusion
- reach-out and empower young people with mixed-abilities (incl. disabilities/special needs)
- promote positive mental health and inclusion for young people using participatory art approaches and creative media
- support youth in acquiring digital and art skills and key competences that foster their personal and professional development and transition in the labour market
- empower young people in overcoming disparities, building their confidence and consequently be active members
- raise awareness regarding mental health and wellbeing of young people, with young people, in local, national and European levels
- fight against stigma, racism, bullying and intolerance of difference and promote intercultural dialogue
- facilitate cooperation and networking and promote better communication with the wider community in local, regional, national and EU levels
- develop youth work methods with an opportunity to influence local, national, EU youth practice and policies and address current training needs
The project targets directly a) youth workers/art facilitators and b) young people (mixed-abilities, NEETS, young people with fewer opportunities). Moreover, the project indirectly targets stakeholders, policy-makers in the field of youth, interdisciplinary organizations and professionals working with young people and the general public that will be addressed through the dissemination events.